Welcome to Yoxall Parish Council website. This site was last updated on 18th May 2019 – Planning section.
This site aims to provide a useful link between the Parish Council and the community of Yoxall.
Yoxall village is located in a rural setting in Staffordshire on the edge of the National Forest, with the River Swanbourn meandering through. Yoxall is ideally located for visits to the Peak District and enjoys an excellent village atmosphere. There are 3 well established public houses; The Golden Cup, The Crown and The Forresters, ideal for meals and alcoholic beverages.
St Peters church, lies at the heart of the community which also has a village store, ladies and gents hairdressers and a nearby garage and MOT facility. A full list of local village amenities and businesses can be found on this website in the Village Directory section.
Your Parish Council represents the village interests of over 2400 residents in Yoxall and Newchurch on a wide range of issues and is also responsible for maintaining various open spaces such as Ferrers Field, Swarbourn Meadow, Goose Green and Mill Holme Pingle.
- Implementation of turning bans to reduce the number of HCV’s passing through the village.
- Ongoing development of Goose Green as a village amenity.
- Repairs to pavements in Ferrers road and surrounding area.
- Replacement of railings outside the Parish Hall.
- Replacement of bus shelter.
- Completion of Yoxall “Gateway” project.
- Successful campaign to thwart Gladman’s proposed development.
The Parish Council normally meets on the first Thursday of the month. Meetings are held in the Parish Hall. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
The next Meeting will be held on Thursday, 6th June at 7.30 p.m. Do come along as all are welcome. Find out what your Council is doing.
If anyone has an issue which they would like to be discussed at our regular Parish Council meetings, or any other matters which they require to be raised with the Parish Council, please contact the Parish Clerk by email on email@example.com. Agendas are posted on the Notice Boards throughout the village prior to the meeting.
Minutes of the Meetings are included on this website under the relevant section and a report of the proceedings is published in the Fisherman.
RECENT NEWS ITEMS.
- A515 – YOXALL GATEWAY PROJECT COMPLETED. – See section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- NEW FUNDING FOR POT HOLE REPAIRS – See News section.
- YOXALL MEDICAL CENTRE UPDATE. See News section.
- YOXALL COMMUNITY SPEED WATCH NOW OPERATIONAL – See “Roads and Pavements” section.
- CHURCH GATEWAY – See News section.
- STATE OF PAVEMENTS IN FERRERS ROAD – See new section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- YOXALL RIVERSIDE REGENERATION PLAN – See News section.