Welcome to Yoxall Parish Council website. This site was last updated on 9th February 2019.
This site aims to provide a useful link between the Parish Council and the community of Yoxall.
Your Parish Council represents the village interests of over 2400 residents in Yoxall and Newchurch on a wide range of issues and is also responsible for maintaining various open spaces such as Ferrers Field, Swarbourn Meadow, Goose Green and Mill Holme Pingle.
Yoxall village is located in a rural setting in Staffordshire on the edge of the National Forest, with the River Swanbourn meandering through. Yoxall is ideally located for visits to the Peak District and enjoys an excellent village atmosphere. There are 2 well established public houses; The Golden Cup and The Crown, ideal for meals and alcoholic beverages. St Peters church, lies at the heart of the community which also has a village store, post office, ladies and gents hairdressers and a nearby garage and MOT facility. A full list of local village amenities and businesses can be found on this website in the Village Directory section.
The Parish Council normally meets on the first Thursday of the month. The next Meeting will be held on Thursday, 7th March at 7.30 p.m. Meetings are held in the Village Hall. Members of the public are welcome to attend. If anyone has an issue which they would like to be discussed, or any other matters which they require to be raised with the Parish Council, please contact the Parish Clerk by email on email@example.com. Agendas are posted on the Notice Boards throughout the village prior to the meeting.
Minutes of the Meetings are included on this website under the relevant section and a report of the proceedings is published in the Fisherman.
ITEM OF NOTE: There will be an increase in the precept of 2% for 2019/20.
RECENT NEWS ITEMS.
- A515 – TURNING BANS TO BE IMPLEMENTED – See new section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- NEW FUNDING FOR POT HOLE REPAIRS – See News section.
- THEFT FROM VAN IN HADLEY STREET -See News section.
- WARNING RE. FLY TIPPING – See News section.
- CHURCH GATEWAY – See News section.
- B5016 – FULL ROAD CLOSURE. See under new section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- STATE OF PAVEMENTS IN FERRERS ROAD – See new section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- SCHOOL CROSSING WARDEN SERVICE TO BE MAINTAINED – See News section.
- YOXALL RIVERSIDE REGENERATION PLAN – See News section.
- YOXALL, A DEMENTIA FRIENDLY VILLAGE – See News section.