Welcome to Yoxall Parish Council website. This site was last updated on 20th March 2019.
This site aims to provide a useful link between the Parish Council and the community of Yoxall.
Yoxall village is located in a rural setting in Staffordshire on the edge of the National Forest, with the River Swanbourn meandering through. Yoxall is ideally located for visits to the Peak District and enjoys an excellent village atmosphere. There are 3 well established public houses; The Golden Cup, The Crown and The Forresters, ideal for meals and alcoholic beverages.
St Peters church, lies at the heart of the community which also has a village store, ladies and gents hairdressers and a nearby garage and MOT facility. A full list of local village amenities and businesses can be found on this website in the Village Directory section.
Your Parish Council represents the village interests of over 2400 residents in Yoxall and Newchurch on a wide range of issues and is also responsible for maintaining various open spaces such as Ferrers Field, Swarbourn Meadow, Goose Green and Mill Holme Pingle.
- Implementation of turning bans to reduce the number of HCV’s passing through the village.
- Ongoing development of Goose Green as a village amenity.
- Repairs to pavements in Ferrers road.
- Replacement of bus shelter.
The Parish Council normally meets on the first Thursday of the month. The next Meeting will be held on Thursday, 4th April at 7.30 p.m. Meetings are held in the Village Hall. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
If anyone has an issue which they would like to be discussed, or any other matters which they require to be raised with the Parish Council, please contact the Parish Clerk by email on email@example.com. Agendas are posted on the Notice Boards throughout the village prior to the meeting.
Minutes of the Meetings are included on this website under the relevant section and a report of the proceedings is published in the Fisherman.
The current Parish Council’s term is coming to an end. Elections will be held on the 2nd May 2019. If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor, for further information OR, if you would like to talk to somebody about what we do and what the commitment would be, contact the Clerk through the normal channels and we will arrange for somebody to get back to you.
To be able to stand as a candidate at a Parish Council election in England you must:
be at least 18 years old
be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any member state of the European Union
and meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
you are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish/community in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
you have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish/community area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish/community area.
you have lived in the parish/community area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
RECENT NEWS ITEMS.
- A515 – TURNING BANS IMPLEMENTED – See section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- NEW FUNDING FOR POT HOLE REPAIRS – See News section.
- CHURCH GATEWAY – See News section.
- DUKE OF EDINBURGH AWARDS SCHEME – See News section.
- B5016 – FULL ROAD CLOSURE. See under new section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- STATE OF PAVEMENTS IN FERRERS ROAD – See new section entitled “Roads and Pavements”.
- SCHOOL CROSSING WARDEN SERVICE TO BE MAINTAINED – See News section.
- YOXALL RIVERSIDE REGENERATION PLAN – See News section.
- YOXALL, A DEMENTIA FRIENDLY VILLAGE – See News section.