Local council name Yoxall Parish Council
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2019.
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI234)
- Date of Announcement 30th June 2019 (a)
- Each year the Councils/Meetings (b) Annual Return is audited by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Audit Appointments Limited. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2019 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to :
(c) R. Young Parish Clerk, 28, Appian Close, Two-Gates, Tamworth, Staffs B77 1JA. 01827 707944 07855 050424.
commencing on (d) 1st July 2019.
and ending on (e) 9th August 2019.
3. Local Government Electors and their respective also have:
- the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; and
- the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council/Meeting (f)
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose during the inspection at 2 above.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions od the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Audit Office’ Code of Audit Practice. Your audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, Salvus AykleyHeads, Durham, DH1 5TS.
5. This announcement is made by Robert Young, Parish Clerk.
SECTION 2 – YOXALL ANNUAL PARISH STATEMENT – 2018/19.
Our responsibility for ensuring that there is a sound system of internal control, including arrangements for the preparation of the Accounting Statements. We confirm, to the best of our knowledge and belief, with respect to the Accounting Statements for the year ended 31 March 2019, that:
- We have put in place arrangements for effective financial management during the year, and for the preparation of financial accounting statements. YES.
- We maintained an adequate system of internal control including measures designed to prevent and detect fraud and corruption and reviewed its effectiveness. YES.
- We took all reasonable steps to assure ourselves that there are no matters of actual or potential non-compliance with laws, regulations and Proper Practices that could have a significant financial effect on the ability of this authority to conduct its business or manage its finances. YES.
- We provided proper opportunity during the year for the exercise of ‘electors’ rights in accordance with the requirements of the Accounts and Audit Regulations. YES.
- We carried out an assessment of the risks facing this authority and took appropriate steps to manage those risks, including the introduction of internal controls and/or external insurance cover where required. YES.
- We maintained throughout the year an adequate and effective system of internal audit of the accounting records and control systems. YES.
- We took appropriate action on all matters raised in reports from internal and external audit. YES.
- We considered whether any litigation, liabilities or commitments, events or transactions, occurring either during or after the year-end, have a financial impact on this authority and, where appropriate, have included them in the accounting statements. YES.
- Trust Funds including charitable. In our capacity as the sole managing trustee we discharged our accountability responsibilities for the fund(s)/assets, including financial reporting and if required, independent examination of audit. N/A.
The Annual Governance Statement is approved by this authority and recorded as minute reference 133.
Dated 6/6/19. Signed by the Chairman and Clerk of the Meeting where approval is given.
31 March 2018 31 March 2019
- Balances brought Forward 17,483 10,993
- (+) Precept or Rates and Levies 25,550 25,755
- (+) Total other receipts 23,707 39,442
- (-) Staff costs 9,262 9,402
- (-) Loan interest/capital repayments 838 838
- (-) All other payments 45,597 48,628
- (=) Balances carried forward 10,993 17,322
- Total value of cash and short term investments 10,993 17,322
9. Total fixed assets plus long term investments and assets 337,102 338,329
10. Total borrowings 4,184 3,584
I certify that for the year ended 31 March 2019 the Accounting Statements and Annual Governance and Accountability Return present fairly the financial position of this authority and its income and expenditure, or properly present receipts and payments, as the case may be.
Signed by the Responsible Financial officer – Minute Reference 136 dated 6/6/19.
YOXALL PARISH COUNCIL: Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 6th June 2019 at 7.30pm in the Parish Hall, King Street, Yoxall.
Present: P Hughes, J Williams, P Bailey, D Muir, R Keys, A Grandfield, P Kitt and D Hall.
Also Present: Borough Councillor A Johnson Two Members of the Public R Young, Clerk to the Council.
1) ANNOUNCEMENTS: Apologies for absence were received from M Arch and J Jessel.
2) CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS: The Chairman of the Parish Council, P Hughes, mentioned the following:-
- Passing of Tim Corbett who had been a County Councillor, Borough Councillor and Alderman. Tim had been a great help to the Parish and our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
- Written to the CEO of the Post Office, Alisdair Cameron, regarding the Village Post Office.
- Will write to local developer, Andrew Willis, regarding rear gate entrances to properties, damage to trees and comments regarding Willow Tree at entrance to Goose Green.
- Picture Framing.
- Yoxall Fete.
- Charles Trueman Memorial – Update.
- Salaries of Parish Council Employees.
- 3) DECLARATION OF INTEREST: Declaration to be made when subject is discussed or received during the meeting.
- 4) TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON THE 14TH MAY 2019: It was proposed, seconded and agreed to approve the Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on the 14th May 2019. Resolved: To approve the Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting held on the 14th May 2019.
- 5) MATTERS ARISING. No matters were raised.
- 6) PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. No matters were raised.
- 7) REPORT OF COUNTY COUNCILLOR AND BOROUGH COUNCILLOR a) Report of County Councillor J Jessel. No matters were reported. b) Report of Borough Councillor. A Johnson Borough Councillor A Johnson reported the following:- Election changes. New Borough Council Leader, Duncan Goodfellow. Cabinet Changes. Continuing as Chair of Health Scrutiny. Councillor Funding – Changed to a total fund of £21,750 – Can make multiple applications but only one for each project. Need details of any project for next meeting. Clerk to obtain details of Fingerpost supplier.
- 8) PLANNING a) Planning Applications Received: i) P/2019/00552 Erection of an Agricultural Workers Dwelling and detached garage. Land off Scotch Hills Lane, Newchurch. ii) P/2019/00437 Erection of a Porch and Bay Window and alterations to existing dormer on front elevations, part two storey and part single storey extensions, including chimney on rear and side elevations and alterations to existing dormers including balcony and installation of roof lights. The Garden House, Longcroft Lane, Yoxall Staffordshire County Council. iii) Planning Application No. ES. 18/7/526M Construction of a Pond at Trentbridge Farm, Bond End, Yoxall. b) Other Planning Matters R Keys gave details of the following:- Permitted Development Rights. Proposal must not be more than 50% of existing area – Consultation with neighbour. All based on original size of property. Notification to Local Planning Department. National Directive. If neighbour objects, Planning Department to review.
- Update regarding BT Wayleave – Corner of Goose Green. Better connection at Woodhouses.
- “Fisherman” report – Confirmed that to date Lioncourt had not transferred Car Park and Public Space to Parish Council.
- 9) CLERK’S REPORT a) Correspondence. D Walker – Signage for Community Watch and Operation of scheme. J Jessel – Dolesfoot Lane and School Hill, Hoar Cross. J Jessel – Warmer Homes. J Jessel – Newsletter for Needwood Division V2. SPCA Bulletin. Staffordshire Archives and Heritage Newsletter. Andrea Davis (ESBC) Code of Conduct and Register of Interest Forms. My Staffordshire Newsletter June 2019. Staffordshire Ironman Update. John Taylor High School – Presentation Evening – Thursday, 18th July 2019. The National Forest – Timber Festival. ESBC Public Path Diversion Order 2019 – Footpath No. 46, Land off Scotch Hills Road, Newchurch.
- 10) MATTERS IN PROGRESS OR REQUIRING FURTHER ACTION a) Open Spaces. D Hall to check Mill Holme Pingle plus condition of Trees and whether replacements needed.
- b) Village Amenities – J Williams mentioned the following:- Live and Local – ESBC reduced grant to this group from £6k to £3k. A Johnson to enquire at ESBC regarding ARTS Funding. Concerts held in Village Hall. Also commented Willow Tree on Goose Green needs attention. Presentation in the Burial Ground to M Hawkesworth at 11.00am on the 20th June 2019 regarding Bench. All members of Parish Council invited to attend. Coffee and cakes at the Golden Cup after presentation.
- c) Roads and Pavements. Traffic volumes and routes being monitored by Police. Police have provided details of monitoring changes and road works on A38. R Keys commented that HGV drivers appear to have conformed with new system and implementation needs to be monitored and photographs or vehicle numbers would assist. SCC and Police aware of dangerous Parking at School times and the risk element. Email dated 26th May 2019 from Richard Boulter (Stafforshire Police). Details as follows:- Today, Sunday 26th May, officers from Lichfield are engaged in enforcement activity on their area – Fradley to Kings Bromley. On Wednesday, 29th May (p.m.) officers from Uttoxeter Neighbourhood Policing Team will be engaged in enforcement in the Yoxall area. On Saturday, 22nd June (all day) Special Constables from the Uttoxeter N.P.T. will be engaged in enforcement in the Yoxall area. Also, in the next two months, a larger scale operation is planned in Yoxall, also run by the Uttoxeter N.P.T., which will also involve other partner agencies such as DVLA and VOSA. As soon as this date is fixed, I am sure the Parish Council will be made aware. If you have any queries, please contact Sgt 5802 Adam Tonks or your local officer, PC 904 Richard Lymer or myself. PC 4407 Richard Boulter Uttoxeter N.P.T.
- d) Village Hall. It was proposed, seconded and agreed that V Shorthouse could purchase online a V-Sweeper on behalf of the Parish Council. Resolved: To purchase a V-Sweeper.
- e) Best Kept Village Competition A Grandfield reported the following:- Planters fitted to School Fence. Need to monitor weeds. Watering of Planters at the bottom of Town Hill plus other planters in Village.
- f) Footpaths ➢ A Grandfield suggested the Parish Council advertise for a footpath monitor. Councillors to consider possible candidates.
- g) Website P Hughes commented reviewing flexibility options of Website as to how the Parish Council can communicate with Parishioners. Considering Facebook link to Website.
- h) Burial Ground. No matters reported.
- i) Ferrers Field. P Kitt mentioned the following:- Grant Application. Reviewing whether new play bark needed. Wooden stumps need attention. Zip wire removed.
- j) Riverside Regeneration. Diana Muir reported the following:- Update concerning second application for funding from EGR. Decision delayed as relevant people on holiday. Ecologist reviewing detail this week. Contractor to work on Goose Green has requested the area is closed to the Public while undertaking work. Update regarding other funding options.
- 11) WISH LIST P Bailey commented as follows:- Update given at last month’s Parish Council Meeting. Village Fete – Saturday, 15th June 2019. R Keys, P Kitt and D Hall agreed to assist.
- 12) HEALTH AND SAFETY. No matters reported.
- 13) FINANCE. a) Approval of Cheques
- £ 06/06/19 505554 N Fleming £1,570.00.
- 06/06/19 505555 Ken’s Countryside £1,340.40.
- 06/06/19 505556 R J Francis £1,288.80.
- 06/06/19 505557 R Young £256.16.
- 06/06/19 505558 V. Shorthouse £463.29
- 06/06/19 505559 HMRC (PAYE) £204.60.
- 06/06/19 505560 Vaughan Davies £180.00.
- 06/06/19 505561 R Young (Expenses) £86.75.
- 06/06/19 505562 John Taylor High School £100.00.
- TOTAL £,5463. It was proposed (D Muir), seconded (P Kitt) and agreed to issue the above cheques. Resolved: To issue the above cheques.
- b) Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2018/2019.The Clerk gave details of the Receipts and Payments for the year ended 31st March 2019. It was proposed (J Williams), seconded (R Keys) that the Chairman and Clerk should sign the Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2018/2019. Resolved: The Chairman and Clerk to sign the Annual Return for 2018/2019.
- 14) EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC The Chairman, P Hughes, requested the Press and Public to leave the Meeting.
- 15) CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS (EMPLOYEE WAGES) a) Employee Wages It was proposed (P KItt) and seconded (D Hall) that the Caretaker and Clerk’s Wages be increased by 2½% to be backdated to April 2019. Resolved: To increase Employee Wages by 2½% backdated to April 2019.
- 16) DATE OF NEXT MEETING Thursday, 4th July 2019. The meeting closed at 8.56pm. P Hughes Chairman