FUND RAISING FOR THE ALZHEIMER’S SOCIETY.
On Sunday 15th September, The Yoxall Dementia Friendly Community Steering Group will be walking routes in the National Arboretum at Alrewas to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society. This event is aimed to coincide with the weekend on which the Alzheimer’s Society is running a series of National Memory Walks. The Society has designed a local walk together with the Arboretum at Alrewas and is extending an invitation to all in the Yoxall community, together with close friends and family.
So what will be happening on Sunday 15th September?
There will be a registration desk in the Arboretum reception area from 12.30 p.m. onwards, with a Yoxall starting from their HEROES SQUARE at 13.30 p.m. There will be three mapped out walks:- 900 metres (12 to 15 minutes), 1200 metres (20 to 25 minutes), and 1800 metres (40 to 45 minutes), or if you feel really energetic – why not combine two of them, or all three!
Do come along and join us in this social and worthwhile funding effort.
If you would like to join in, this is what you need to do.
- Contact David Harrison on: email@example.com or telephone 07802 840304 by 8th September and tell him you are taking part. He will provide you with Memory Walk Sponsorship Forms for you to get yourself sponsored before the event. Please note the opportunity on the sponsorship form for Gift-Aided donations where appropriate.
- If you would like to wear the special Alzheimer’s T-shirt, priced at £7.50, you can obtain them from the Society’s website.: http://shop.alzheimers.org.uk/branded-products/Memory-Walk, or by telephoning on 0300 124 0900 stating your size.
- At the end of your walk, any money raised will be collected as cash or as a cheque made payable to the Alzheimer’s Society together with your sponsorship form. Alternatively, send the money and sponsorship forms to the Alzheimer’s Society. You can pay by cheque or credit card, but we would like to know roughly how much you have raised before you leave the Arboretum.
- The Arboretum is offering a subsidised voucher for refreshments at £3.00 which can be used either before or after the event. The cafeteria will also be open for those who might like lunch before embarking on the journey. Car park costs £3.00 for the day and we suggest car sharing if practical.
- There will be a further reminder in the September Fisherman and the Yoxall Community Facebook Page.
WE REALLY HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US FOR THIS FUND RAISING EVENT.